We’re starting with some saddening news today as we learn of the demise of DC Direct and the lay-off of all staff working under the in-house collectibles arm of DC Comics which has been in operation for the last 22 years.
This comes amidst a wider wave of lay-offs at DC with parent company WB cutting costs during the financial impact of the ongoing global situation. Below are some of the more prominent positions at DC Comics which have been made redundant :
- Editor-in-Chief Bob Harris
- Senior VP Of Publishing Strategy & Support Services Hank Kanalz
- VP of Marketing & Creative Services Jonah Weiland
- VP of Global Publishing initiatives & Digital strategy Bobbie Chase
- Senior Story Editor Brian Cunningham
- Executive Editor Mark Doyl
We’ll be monitoring this story as it continues to develop but for now we want to extend our support to all of those affected by these layoffs as our industry continues to feel the effects of the global drop in revenue for a good majority of platforms.
Source : Hollywood Reporter
Keep it locked to Exclu for all the latest news and previews from across the toy community.
Exclu – We are an international Toy Magazine and supporting platforms featuring the latest toy news, reviews, previews, community showcases & industry insights. Thank you for checking us out and we hope you stick around!
Last modified: August 11, 2020