Mezco Toyz today put it’s previously previewed Conan the Barbarian up for pre-order today. This one looked very good when it was previewed at recent shows and is a great changeup to what has lately been a Marvel/DC/Gomez heavy lineup.
Based on the work of Frank Frazetta, Conan looks to have some nice articulation, although the ball-jointed elbows look a little limited. He comes with a ton of accessories though, including a cloth cape, a second screaming head sculpt, and an array of weapons.
Conan is up for pre-order right now at mezcotoys.com or your favorite retailer for $90 and is scheduled to be released in the third quarter of 2020.
The One:12 Collective presents Conan The Barbarian; based aesthetically on Frank Frazetta’s famous paintings of Conan, Robert E. Howard’s legendary character.
From recreating Frank Frazetta’s ‘The Barbarian’ painting, to readying Conan for a long trek across the snow-peaked mountains of his homeland, to an epic Hyborian Age battle, the One:12 Collective this Conan figure includes a bounty of weapons, accessories, and outfitting to create many distinct looks for display.
The fearsome warrior is outfitted in an interchangeable loincloth and includes a removable crossbody battle axe harness, removable cape that drapes freely, belt that can hold his sword sheaths and dagger, and mid-calf boots.
Barbarian of the far north, Conan was born on a battlefield and became a respected warrior by the age of 15. Traveling throughout the world, Conan has been a thief, outlaw, mercenary, and pirate. Motivated by his own survival, power, and enrichment, Conan will do whatever it takes to rise to the top.
THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE CONAN FIGURE FEATURES:
- One:12 Collective body with over 30 points of articulation
- Two (2) head portraits
- Hand painted authentic detailing
- Approximately 17cm tall
- Eight (8) interchangeable hands
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of weapon holding hands (L&R)
- One (1) pair of grabbing hands (L&R)
- One (1) pair of posing hands (L&R)
- Necklace (removable)
- Crossbody axe harness (removable)
- Cape (removable)
- Two (2) interchangeable loincloths
- Belt with carabiner hooks
- Mid-calf boots
- One (1) scimitar sword with removable sheath
- One (1) broadsword with removable sheath
- One (1) dagger with removable sheath
- One (1) battle axe (fits into crossbody harness)
- One (1) shield
- One (1) One:12 Collective display base with logo
- One (1) One:12 Collective adjustable display post
Trevor is a New York-based Creative Director and business owner. He has a growing collection of 200ish 1:6th scale stock and custom figures (and more and more Lego sets and Mezcos). Toy photography melds his childhood dreams of comic book illustration and film directing with his design talents and – in his mind – justifies the stupid money he spends on these things. When he’s not shooting, he enjoys kayaking, catching up on good TV and building dios.
Last modified: January 22, 2020